Flame prayer letters are prepared a few times a year and are sent by e-mail to people who have requested them. Flame only exists because of prayer – we believe that. We are very appreciative of all of those who pray for us, especially for the difficult hurdles we encounter in keeping on air 24 x 7. If you want to be sent these prayer letters and updates regularly by e-mail then please contact Derek Lindley via email@example.com.
ENCOURAGEMENTS TO PRAYER
- “In three years of active ministry, Jesus changed the moral landscape of the planet. For nearly 2,000 years since, He has been using another tactic: prayer.” … Philip Yancey
- “Prayer is the power by which that comes to pass which otherwise would not have taken place.” … Andrew Murray.
- “The greatest tragedy in life is not unanswered prayer, but unoffered prayer.” … F.B. Meyer.
- “The things, good Lord, that we pray for, give us the grace to labour for.” … Sir Thomas More
DAY BY DAY PRAYERS
- Sunday … praise God for reaching people who would not have gone to church; pray for presenters Beryl, Jennifer and Albina, and for the local churches.
- Monday … praise God for our studio and office; pray for our Chat Room guest and that one day we can finish our studio complex. Also pray for the Directors and Trustees (Alan, David, Peter Mc, Peter C, Vic and Norman) and Advisors.
- Tuesday … praise God for office helpers Albina and Vince. Pray for live presenters Lisa, Andy, John, Norman and Vic.
- Wednesday … praise God for our Bible readings and devotionals. Pray for our technical team maintaining our audio equipment, the computers that run the station and our radio systems (Peter and Mark). Also for the consultancy they provide.
- Thursday … praise God for the prayers we can broadcast, and the answers. Pray for presenters David and Laura working from home and for our programme providers (GNBA, Plankton, Resound Media).
- Friday … praise God for our reliable antenna, safely buried in the woods giving us an amazing coverage area. Pray for our internet service provider (Canstream).
- Saturday … praise God for the equipment that works reliably giving us a day off. Thank the Lord for the Christian musicians whose music we love.
PRAYERS with the NEWS. Following on from our 2016 leap year 4 minutes of prayer per day, we felt that one key role of a Christian radio stations is to put prayers into the airwaves. So during COVID and now during the Ukraine war, we felt the need to keep praying. A straightforward way emerged by having standard prayers combined with the OUTRO of the SKY NEWS (broadcast a number of times each weekday). Team members helped us with this but more help is welcome. So please join us in recording prayers for broadcast and remember that prayer is a powerful weapon in a Christian’s armoury. 2 Corinthians 10 v 4 says “The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.”
5 REASONS … in 2010 we were challenged by Matt Redman’s “10,000 Reasons” to broadcast that actual number of reasons for prayer. Hence our weekday “5 reasons” and our determination to complete to 10,000 marathon … this is in abeyance at present having got to 6,815 … could YOU help us reach our target ?
THANK YOU LORD FOR
- Cross Rhythms for youth focused programmes. Also NRT (New Release Today) for music programmes.
- Good News Broadcasting and Grace Baptist Mission for their speech programmes.
- Music supplied by Kingsway, Vineyard, Resound Media, Plankton Records.
- The Countryside Commission for supporting the Heritage Project.
- The Flame partners who support us financially.
- The Institution of Electronics for help with the Flame training centre.
- Commedia (Community Media Association) and CBC (Christian Broadcasting Council) and TheMediaNet
- Together of the Harvest and Churches Together (Liverpool, Wirral and Chester)
- The antenna in woods in South Wirral and radio equipment located nearby.
- The congregation at St Paul’s Road Mission, and URC North West for our studio location …. “this studio is a great place, fantastic compared to other Community Radio studios I visit)” (Commedia trainer)
- Accountancy by Mal Wright www.elpizoaccountancy.co.uk